NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Woohoooooooo!

Engerland Engerland Engerland! Engerland Engerland Engerla-and! Engerland Engerland Engerland! Engerla-aand Engerlaand!

Well - now that I've got that off my chest, I'll let you know what I have been mostly up to.

Those of you who know me well also know that my back plays me up from time to time - so I decided (after lots of persuasion from others at work) to go see a chiropractor.

Well - needless to say, he's very good and I am back to normal now - hurray. He's an Ozzie and I don't always hear what he says as he tends to mumble or speak a bit fast - makes me sound thick, but it's true - I am a foreigner in these parts after all!

Last week was very funny - whilst manouvering my back, he asked me to move my 'hid' and I thought he said 'hips' , so (picture this if you will dear readers), I'm busy trying to move myself forwards from the hips and he's busy trying to move my 'hid' and we're both very confused. In fact, I nearly fell off the bed - until finally in complete exasperation he blurts out "what are you doing?".

I squeaked back "trying to move my hips - it's what you told me to do!"

His reply was, "not yer bum - yer HID!"

Bloomin Ozzies!

He got me back on Friday whilst crunching my neck. He had his hands over my ears ready to crunch when I heard him mutter something to me. I asked "what?" and at that very point, I must have suddenly relaxed and CRUNCH - it was done!

"Merry Christmas!" was his triumphant remark.

Yesterday was absolutely lovely weatherwise until the evening where it turned very soggy!

Didn't do any adventures really - just marked books, cleaned, washed clothes and chatted with friends - very nice!

Am up to my eyeballs in the usual school stuff (reports and the like), plus I need to get an essay into uni. As you can see - I am working very hard on this! In fact, I did some colouring in and drawing last night - a warm up you see.....

Well - tata fer noo and GO ENGLAND! for next weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

glad your backs better Sue, hope Adam is not stressing over A levels. ENGERLAND !!! will be watching the final on Saturday night, am sure they will win!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger x Sue said...

Hi Mary
Good to hear from you!
Sad about Engerland - but they played well and battled hard!

Hope you're feeling better now and back to normal?

x Sue

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Baby Banana
Congratulations on getting the new teaching job. Well done for getting in that harness - just as well you saw the chiropracter first - you were brave! Well done Kev on winning a brill holiday. Good luck Adam on finals. Cold and frosty in Rugby at present, in fact you could say the same about the game...
Lorra lorra loves n hugs from the bananas xxxxxx

1:32 PM  
Blogger x Sue said...

HI anonymous

That picture is from earlier on this year when I jumped off the sky tower!

However, you were right about the chiropractor - I have been on a jet boat ride and he sorted me out just in time!

Ad's exams begin Tuesday.

Good to hear from you.

x Sue

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home