NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Found this under me settee!

Found this whilst cleaning my carpets and curtains yesterday - luverly!

Found under settee!

It's a white tailed spider!
I have researched them a little - so here you go:
  • They are unusual because they only eat other spiders
  • They are nocturnal and prefer the dark (hence finding this one under my settee)
  • They only bite if handled or provoked
  • They hide in clothes too
  • Their bite is immediately painful, but they are easy to catch for evidence because their eyesight is poor
  • They are not deadly and usually just leave a red mark and some localised pain
I caught this one and chucked it out into the garden (didn't touch it though!).

I also chucked out a praying mantis residing on my living room ceiling.

x Sue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home