NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm back....

Helloo everyone - how are you?

Here we are again - happy as can be!

We are well and truly nestled into our lovely little bungalow and I currently have courgettes (bright yellow), cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbages, rhubarb and chives coming out of me ear 'oles! Not to mention the fact that the limes are vigorously proliferating - as are the variety of herbs I am yet to use!

I have joined the local bowling club and have been graded (very serious here - but I have learned LOADS about the rules and tactics and such like). Love it!

I just love the terms used in bowling and how rude they often sound - so have written a diary for you to partake of: ahem......

Monday:
Had a roll up - it was great - feel well chilled.

Tuesday:
Rather heavy today - too much weight.

Wednesday:
Had a tough drive to do and burned Fred's end. (He was not happy). :(

Thursday:
Played with Fred's wood (by mistake) and got told off.

Friday:
Fred had the wrong bias and damaged John's head. John v. unamused.

Saturday:
Did really well! Fred knocked me up and I touched Jack!

Sunday:
What a lovely week! Rounded off by a very jolly little skip! :)

Hey ho - you can tell I'm on holiday eh?! Time on me hands and suchlike things....

Am very proud of my two loverly offspring. Daughter is currently training to be a secondary school teacher and son is now a Town Planner! Well done to them both - my babes!

Interesting year ahead for me - and quite exciting too. I have succeeded in getting a scholarship, so will be at uni for half of the school year finishing off my diploma. YAY! No more trying to do papers on top of teaching and everything else that the job entails.

The weather is currently lovely (after a very wet start to the summer), so I am washing curtains with a gusto. Gosh they smell good once rehung!

New year was a very wet affair - went to a friend's bach at Lake Rotoiti (near Rotorua) where it rained solidly for the 5 days I spent there. Needless to say - the day I drove there and the day I drove back were bathed in bright sunshine! However, I did get the chance to try my yearly waterskiing on the morning of the last day. Picture this if you will - a 47 and a half year old slightly chubby female in a very fetching wet suit, bouncing on her bottom on the pristine waters of the lake - yep that was me! Did stand up - but this only lasted a few glorious seconds before I crashed into the depths. So cooooool and so much fun!

After a few days at home recovering from New Year, I drove up to Glinks Gully near Dargaville. Oh my gosh - what a beautiful place. You can drive on the beach up to 50 km either direction - absolutely beautiful and hardly a soul around - heaven. Waves crashing in onto pristine beaches. We spent our time boogie boarding (of course), walking, collecting (and eating) shell fish, eating freshly caught fish, and land yachting (of which I watched as I don't understand sailing and nearly crashed into sand dunes at top speed last time), driving along the beach, and watching a huge storm from the safety of the bach. Sigh - what a lucky girl I am.
Glinks Gully - a little piece of paradise!
No mobile signal and no TV......
....and the most amazing sunsets ever.....
x Sue

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Sue!!! Was such a lovely suprise to see your comment on my little bloggy and I am so pleased that you are blogging again 'cos I missed you.
Mam and Dad send their love and Haggis sends a woof and hopes you're all okay

Love Andrea xx

2:53 PM  
Blogger x Sue said...

Yay! Great to hear from you all too! X

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home