NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hi all

Well - back to me and Adam again!

Corrie and Kev are in Hong Kong right now with a big shopping list from son and I - waist and hip measurements have been duly sent to them via the e-mail airways plus handbag and technological requirements (son is interested in headphones that vibrate through the skull and sounds are 'heard' in this way - see the link below)!

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=659

The weather is beautiful at the mo - like an early English summer's day - makes everything feel so much better when you're all toasty warm and the sea is twinkling in the sun! Wore t-shirt today and no cardy or fleece etc - 9pm at night and still in me t-shirt - luverly!

Am looking forwards to hearing the cicadas all day long and the crickets all night long - very tropical sounding so they are!

The past few weeks have been rather wet - some poor people have experienced the loss of their homes due to land slides - they're called SLIPS (slups) here. Have to say it sounds quite strange and rather funny (no offense to poor people who have lost said homes) to hear newsreaders talking about slips - images of underwear came to my mind whereas people falling over came to daughter's when the newscaster announced "Wellington has suffered with slips this week" - mhawaaaah! Sorry. Endevours to be a serious professional lady.

Had a nice girly weekend this weekend and slept lots due to yet another snotty cold!

Went into Auckland yesterday and partook of yummy Chinese lunch followed later on by tasty pearl drinks - coconut for me (as usual!), strawberry for friend's daughter and peach for friend. I was well impressed that friend and daughter tried these unusual drinks without qualms and seemed to enjoy them!

Here you go - this is what one looks like and if you fancy a try - the shop on Queen street (rhs as you walk up the street, just before the cinema) is very good.


Friend and daughter's examination of said drink caused much amusement to onlooking Asian ladies - I duly explained that it was their 'first time'!

Have a look at this page for further info on the drink and a recipe on how to make:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/BubbleTea.htm

Well - work tomorrow - noooooo!

Am currently watching "So I Married An Axe Murderer" at the mo with son who is currently eating cornflakes dry out of the cornflake box - yum (not).

He's 18 next week and plans to spend the evening (after a meal out in Howick) watching the first series of House! He will be going out with a friend the following weekend for his first legal drink (scarey) - I shall drop off and collect - so all should be reasonable - I hope!

I am off to Finale next Saturday - Tis a cabaret type place - and we will be entertained by a variety of drag queens! There are about 30 of us girlies going - should be a great night - will tell more next weekend. Here you go - have a perusal at your leisure:

http://www.350finale.co.nz/index.htm

Not quite sure what to expect really........but looking forward to it all! Life in NZ has truly been an adventure so far!

Guess what?! On the 12th of October I will have been here one whole year - hasn't that flown?! Which reminds me - I really have to get my Kiwi license sorted for driving!

Maybe next Saturday? Gulp....... Oh well gotta be done.

3 more weeks to go and then I'm on 2 weeks school hols - yeehaa! Boogie boarding here I come - hopefully.

Well gotta go - had no tea and tummy is rumbling now - not a good time to eat is 9.39pm - but will have a light sarnie methinks.

See yas all nixt week - tara!

x Sue



2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Sue, everything is well I see. School starts for the autumn term tomorrow, thank goodness for training days! Have you done anything in the way of crafting since you arrived?

12:51 PM  
Blogger x Sue said...

I've done a little bit of scrap booking - for Corrie and made a few cards - most of my stuff is stuck in storage still until we move house - but I'm hoping to have my own room to put everything in (school stuff, craft stuff, sewing machinge, laminator etc). Am making a skirt at the mo too!

x Sue

PS looks like you had a fabbie holiday!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home