NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fairy crossings!

Italy are through. Portugal and France are currently playing live on my TV ( 7.19 Thursday morning). I wonder who will be in the final with Italy?

Watched the news last night - weather down south has been very wet and windy and the fairies were cancelled due to rough seas? Treachorous fairy crossings???

The news announcer was talking about ferries! Caused lots of gusto did that section of news in our household! Visions of winged creatures in control of said floating passengers! Doing their little utmost best to get the people to safety.

Tis daughter's 21st birthday tomorrow and also tis the day that hubby arrives after 8 long months apart! He lands at 10 am! We'll all be together again - yayyy!

Have already got Corrie a lovely coat and will get her a little extra in secret today. We're all going to have a celebratory meal at the Sky Tower in the very near future. Next week, we're off to Rotorua for a few days too - woohoo! I'm going on the LUGE!

Not sure if I want to try zorbing - what if I'm sick whilst going around and around in circles down the hill? Would be most embarrassing when they let me out - did you have a good time? - Proawar - what is that smell? What is all this yukky stuff everywhere? You owe us millions of dollars to clean it up etc. Nah - too many scary nightmares about being sick to try zorbing!

Took Corrie to Piha the other day - absolutely beautiful weather again - most people in t-shirts on the beach.

Met friend and his family there - drank hot chocolate, ate sandwiches, collected shells, nattered, fushed and got SOAKED! Should've taken a change of clothes - ah well!

Spent some time trying to cast with my new fushing rod - caused lots of laughs to people walking by no doubt (ooh - France have just scored a goal - 1-0).

The tide was coming in and so did the line keep coming in - looking back upon this phenomenon, it seems that I probably needed a heavier weight - duh!

Anyway - 3rd fushing experience and still caught nowt - therefore, 3-0 to the fush.

We have begun our medicals ready to send in our PR. My blood pressure is very good (same as 17 year old son's) and my heart beat was 62 as compared to son's 79 - not bad eh?! And guess what - I eat butter! Shock horror.

People at work NEVER eat butter - they talk as though it is the devil itself. (Funny how my box of butter seems to be getting very low by itself in the staff room fridge though!)

Well I do - so there! However - only on toast and crumpets - don't like it in my sarnies - I have full fat mayo instead (I can hear colleagues screaming and fainting with the shock of it all right now). I've even lost some weight since living here - hah! Just a lot more active that's all - getting out and about in the beautiful countryside - yeayyy.

Now - what am I up to today?

Finishing boring paper work for school.
Washing, cleaning, having a shower.
Taking son for x-ray
Buying pressies for Corrie and a card.
Baby sitting for a friend.
Buying dehumidifier and spare gas bottle for heater.

Golly gosh I hear you all say - what a busy lady I am!

Well - on that note - I'd best get some more breakfast in preparation for the busyness to come!

Please pray for those brave little fairies on their dangerous sea crossing. They will be in my thoughts all day.

Tara.

Goes off to hunt for food and BUTTER!

x Sue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home