NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Whooohoooo!

Soooo soorrry

Had a manic, busy exciting week and am now full of cold - poorly voice box and earache - blummin typical!

Well - fabbie news - the house is sold and hubbie will be here VERY SOON - yayyyy.

Friends came round for an impromptu celebration - we ate LOTS of rubbish and drank equally more vino etc - twas a luverly evening - whoopdedoo!

Then - in the same week - got a call from a friend (my neighbour in the UK who is staying very close to me whilst sorting out his work permit) asking to come round. 'Of course', came the reply - thinking - I wonder if he's got his permit sorted?

Guess who came with him? His wife and daughter! I didn't know they were here! They'd both arrived the night before. "Bloody hell!" was my very welcoming remark upon opening the front door! Followed by lots of hugs!

More drinkies and celebrations - because of course, neighbour had finally got his work permit, meaning that wife and daughter were finally able to join him here. The race is now on to see which one of us gets PR first!

The next day was my birthday - PHEW! Crawled into work and got home absolutely shattered - everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me in the staff room (most embarrassing). Also got lots of texts off fabbie friends.

Upon arriving home, son's girlfriend and her mum presented me with flowers and a box of choccies - what a really special surprise! - and after a cup of coffee, girlie chat and a hot bath to warm up - I was collected by further friends for a night out in Auckland CBD.

We took the ferry from Half Moon Bay (much to the bemused ferry man when faced by about 20 females off for a night out) - the city skyline looks GORGEOUS at night - and 2 glasses of wine later, we had arrived. Our journey then entailed 2 pubs and the imbibing of a cocktail (fruity something or other) and further wine, followed by an evening in Boogie Wonderland - complete with lighting up glass squares for a dance floor.

Friend and I were 'chatted up' by a very drunk male propping up the bar - if you can call it that - he told me my long sleeves were very sexy - hee hee! He was harmless enough!

It was quite a fun place - full of all ages all enjoying their evening out. I drank a beer here.

At the end of the evening, we ate chips (well I watched - cos the wine was not agreeing with me by then) and other things before making our way up Queen Street to the Sky Tower for our pickup. One friend was very drunk and kept dashing into the road - we had to grab her - she also accosted 2 very innocent males calling them 'wasters' in a rather loud voice. Luckily they didn't seem to mind. She was smiling very happily at the time!

Friend's hubby collected us very promptly wearing a lovely willy mask! He has previously picked us up in a very curly black wig and on another occasion with an Australian cork hat jauntily placed upon his head!

I listened to songs from the on-flight CD whilst returning home and finally rolled into bed at 2.30 am.

However, I was not drunk and slept really well until 10.30 next morning - lovely.

And wait - that's not all! On Saturday, further fabbie friends came round and gave me a birthday pressie - lovely red clogs - so comfy - they're plastic and you can wear them in the water, on the beach, round the house etc etc. I love them and was very touched - they know why - thank you.

Sunday - willy mask friends came round for tea and a lovely chat was had by all whilst watching Top Gear and Natural World/Earth? (David Attenborough prog).

Further good news came our way via England winning 1 -0 against Ecuador. Unfortunately Mexico lost against Argentina 2-1, which means that I will not be winning $24, so will just root for Engerland now instead! Doesn't take much does it!?

Wow - manic week last week - will be catching you up soon with this week's events!

Am now in the midst of final week of school before the very welcome hols - not long to go now!

Well tara - am now off to the kitchen to make an exciting cup of tea for my very gasping mouth, followed by a few pineapple lumps (kiwi sweets made out of chewy pineapple flavoured centre covered in milk chocolate) and possibly choccies from birthday. Will eat them with my new red clogs on whilst gazing adoringly at my flowers and other birthday goodies.

Cheers everyone.

Happy birthday to me.......

x Sue

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Your red shoes - crocs? I keep looking at them over here too.

I can't believe that you had a birthday, went for drinks and didn't need to be pushed home in the wheelbarrow!!
Glad you had a lovely day.

I have, sitting on my desk, a card for you (which will obviously be very late!) a card for Corrie and the thing I made for you ages ago and never actually got around to sending. I will send them - promise.

Love and hugs

Andrea x

3:12 AM  
Blogger x Sue said...

Hi Andrea - yes they're crocs! Sooo comfy and will be great when I go to the beach.

How are you? Hope all went well?

Great to hear from you.

x Sue

ps dont worry about the cards etc - we're always thinking of you and will see you next year when we come back for Corrie's graduation.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home