NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hiya!

Have just spent a very busy weekend doing stuff and am justifiably kn#^%$&%*^ered today!

Saturday was spent at Uni meeting up with two lovely lecturers again and my new classmates (all 6 of them - no hiding at the back of class for me then!). It was great to be back in the classroom on the other side of the desk - so to speak!

Sunday was spent in the HOT sun bowling - phew. I was playing in a singles tournament (which I have never done before) and I was slaughtered in match one, and beaten in match two (not too badly though - so am proud of myself).

Therefore, I spent this afternoon asleep and recovering - phew.

Will be off to next uni class on Weds evening (different paper) which also promises to be very interesting with a lecturer I have heard speak before, but not been taught by. He seems to be very enthusiastic about his area of interest and I am looking forward to his lectures.

This morning was spent on the usual mundane household chores such as hanging out two loads of washing in the boiling hot sunshine, studying, falling asleep listening to cicadas chirruping (or whatever noise they make) and waking up to thunder and torrential downpours in the late afternoon. Sigh. Washing is still hanging rather limply on the whirly line.

Plums are delicious at the moment and I have made lots of jam to celebrate! (Not today though).

Tata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home