NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Looks like we've got it!

Had a bit of time to spare today - due to son having a bunch of friends round for his 18 birthday - so decided to go into the city and check our PO Box and guess what?!

There was a letter from immigration requesting our passports and money and congratulating us on qualifying for PR! Yeeeyah!

I'm not counting me chickens too much - bit it looks GOOD!

We will finally be Kiwis (sort of) and have all the same rights as everyone else - whoohoo!

Thanks to everyone who has helped and encouraged us on the way - especially when hubby and I were apart and it was quite tough at times for both of us!

The strangest moment I remember was saying 'bye' to Kev last November and I was all alone in NZ (I wasn't really cos I had some lovely people take care of me - many cheers), but it was still rather strange. All the commuting between Auckland CBD and Howick, looking for a house, sorting out the school for son, starting my new job, getting lost LOTS!

Well - we're nearly there!

THANK YOU.

x Sue

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Woo Hoo!!!!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed that this is almost it for you. Looking forward to seeing you next year by the way.
Love me x

12:04 PM  
Blogger x Sue said...

Yep - we'll send it all off on Monday and then hopefully that's it!

x Sue

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home