NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Saturday, September 23, 2006

From the bottom of the world's bottom!

Hello all!

Kev's back with lots of lovely goodies - am now well stocked up with my fave perfume, handbags, clothes etc!

We are now searching for somewhere to live with a vengeance - visiting open homes, scouring The Eastern Property Press and driving around different areas! Exciting but tedious too.

Well - what else have I been doing?

Last Weds I went to watch eero friend's daughter in a really fun school play (the costumes were amazing) - it was about an English pirate sailing the seven seas in search of great desserts. He finally found one (Lamingtons) in NZ and fell in love with the maker of these desserts (Lamington Lil) staying with her in NZ - the bottom of the world's bottom!

Here's a piccie of lamingtons - sponge cake decorated with chocolate icing and coconut - you can put cream inside or jam or both!




I'm on holiday now - yeehaaa! We had teacher training on Friday and celebrated the hols by going to an Irish pub in South Botany. Lots of nattering took place about what we'll be up to in our precious time off before we disbanded and returned to our respective homes.

Gosh - it's so nice to just relax for a bit

The weather is improving all the time - so much so that Kev and I (along with our neighbours from the UK who are now living down the road!) went to Waiwera hot pools for the day yesterday! Had a fabbie time on the slides and relaxing in the pools - even chose the right day - it was $10 Tuesday (less than half normal price).

We slapped on lots of suncream and ran amok - great fun! As a consequence, when we got home I went to bed and slept for 2 hours! Tiring work all that sliding and swumming!

Oh yes - I am now the proud owner of a very fetching wet suit (Mrs Blobby here I come)! With the weather being so warm, but the sea not quite so - I can now enter with confidence! Am looking forwards to boogie boarding and snorkelling very sooon - woohooo!

My kitchen roll has pictures of tiny black and white cows on it and the words VIVA! in bright pink - where that came from I don't know! Who thinks up these designs and what is the relevance? Perhaps it's just there for people like me to wonder about..... Who knows!

The radio is telling us to sort out our bookings for our cats in the catteries as they are filling up fast - the catteries that is.

Oooh - we saw a car on Queen Street (whilst dropping off our PR application) - here you go:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One car must have pulled out whilst the other was hurtling down the hill!

I'm nearly caught up with Coronation Street now - it's nearly Cilla's wedding - so it does seem that it is about 1 year behind!

Well - that's me for now - it's 7.48am and I woke up way too early due to still being on 'work time' - doh!

Tara everyone and I'll write soon.

x Sue



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home