NZ Diary

A description of what I get up to in my new life Down Under

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Not long nowwwwww!

Til the hols that is!

Have been busy making salt dough men at school - for Christmas tree hanging thereof - and equally busy persuading a certain young man in my class that NO - YOU CANNOT EAT THEM!

School is winding down at last and the weather is lovely and warm - although we have had our fair share of rain recently.

Still need to buy a Christmas tree to decorate and it's quite difficult - because it doesn't feel quite the same without cold dark nights etc etc - not that I miss them or anything - it's just SUMMER here and not winter......

The creepy crawlies are beginning to advance with force - found half a dozen baby praying mantis in the shower the other day - delightful!

Oranges are growing everywhere - our neighbours gave us some off their tree the other day - they're sooooo sweet! Son and hubby love the local oranges. Strawberries are also gorgeous at the mo - in fact, they're actually a symbol of Chrustmas in NZ! True! You can buy decorations in the form of strawberries! Honest!

Missed out on boogie boarding last Sunday due to rain - poo! It was beautiful on Saturday an all.

Ooooh - I also have an announcement! Corrie and Will are engaged! AAAhhhhhh. I'm so happy for them. Will proposed on their weekend away in Bruges! Congratulations you two! Love from mum.

Son had his first Tae Kwon Do competition last Saturday and did well. The demonstrations were awesome! I'll take photos for you next time. Took me back it did to when I used to ref!

Hubby had a lovely time in Fiji - alright for some eh?!

Well - washing up is calling and other exciting stuff - not! However - Coro Street is on next. It's getting juicy with Karen up to something against her boyfriend and the factory owner's ex-wife is getting very attracted to her step son! As you can see - we are a whole year behind! Gail's son Adam is working over here in New Zealand on the soap opera Shortland Street - I wonder if she knows where her son is? Well - he's managing a bar, so is doing quite well!

Well - best be off - take care all and please leave me a comment every so often - it's always great to hear from you.

x Sue

4 Comments:

Blogger mum said...

I read your blog all the time love its great and the pictures are lovely mumxx

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HiSue,

I have just read your blog it's great. I do not know how you find time. Look forward to getting the photographs of Gin, Ken and Xara.

Keep in touch Paul

6:42 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hi Sue - want to swap the warm weather for minus 6 and thick frost? no I thought not! Great News about Corrie, she emailed us. Thank you so much for the cake - looks lovely. Enjoy your tree decorating etc - must be very strange with all that sunshine!

1:08 AM  
Blogger x Sue said...

Hi mum - glad you're enjoying it! See you in a week or so.
Hey mad mick - had a lovely day with Gin, Ken and Xara - took some photos - will try to get them up soon.
Glad you like the cake Mary - soon after I sent it I realised it was a bit of the proverbial sending coals to Newcastle stuff! I'll wake up one day!
It was and is very weird decorating a tree out here in the summer - but be proud - I did it!
x Sue

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home